Spicy Roasted Parsnip Soup
Jen (one of our incredible staff members at the Market) recently brought this DE-LIC-IOUS soup in for lunch. Immediately, the rest of us wanted the recipe. As we love to share at the Market, we thought we should add the recipe her for you to try too 💛
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 large onion - cut into 8 chunks
2 garlic cloves - leave whole
700g parsnips - washed and diced - peeled if overly large
2 plum tomatoes quartered
1. Mix all of these ingredients and pour them out on a lined high-sided cookie sheet.
2. Roast at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes until tender.
3. Pour into food processor/blender and add 1 litre of vegetable stock and blend
4. Pour mixture into soup pot and heat on heat, thin (with more vegetable stock) to desired thickness. Add a healthy squeeze of lemon to brighten flavours and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Garnish with cumin seeds, crispy onions or croutons.